Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I didn't hear from Mia yesterday, but today when she called she said that they'd had another restless day with Gary wanting to get up out of bed and trying to pull tubes out. However, today is much, much better and he even talked to me a little bit. He said, "Hi, Meemaw" and then when I asked him how he was doing, he said, "I'm having a hard time." Then he said some other things that I couldn't understand when I asked him if he remembered Bill and me being out there for two weeks. Mia said she couldn't understand them either.

Mia said that she thought they were getting ready to give him a swallow test sometime today. We got a picture via the phones a while ago and it showed the nurse giving him the test with a cup of applesauce. He swallowed it perfectly and said, "MMMMMM, that was good!" So, maybe they'll be able to remove the trach now and he'll be one more step ahead. Each day seems to show some improvement for him.

Please keep praying for him and Mia and also for God to point out the right rehabilitation center for him when it's time for him to move on.

Thanks, Bill and Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment