Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mia called this morning and was so upset with Gary's night nurse. Mia had left around 11 p.m. last night and Gary was doing fine - very calm and no agitation. The nurse had given him two doses of Ativan during the night and of course he was zonked out when Mia got there this morning. She was under the impression that the sedation medication had been discontinued and wasn't even on his chart to give. She was going to have a talk with the doctor who prescribed it and also the nurse when she came on tonight. As long as they keep sedating him, he'll never wake up!

She said that Gary is still on the list for transfer to the Telemetry Department, but she didn't know if the incident with the Ativan would set him back or not. She is supposed to call me tonight, but with it being so late, she probably has not had a chance to call. I'll hear from her in the morning and will post again.

Pray for Leah's flight home - she'll probably leave China sometime tomorrow and be home on Friday.

Love, Bill and Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Bill and Nancy,
    My name is Annette and I am Mia's cousin. My mother and Alice are sisters. I am writing to say thank you so much for keeping all of us who love and care about both Gary and Mia.
    My prayers for strength and courage will continue...

    Annette

    ReplyDelete