Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just talked with Mia a little while ago and she and Gary were sitting outside again. He talked with me some and told me that it was hot and they were sitting outside today. He was having a better day today than yesterday. Mia said he only has one tube left and that's a feeding tube in the stomach which is very short, but he keeps trying to get it out! Therefore, he has to wear the mitts on his hands and that frustrates him and then he gets mad! (I can't say that I blame him!) Mia is trying to get the docs to remove that last tube but they want to make sure he's tolerating solid foods well enough before they take it out. They said maybe in a few days it'll be out, too.

He sounded really good and told me he loved me when he hung up. However, earlier in the conversation, I was talking away and he got tired of listening to me and just gave the phone to Mia. lol Mia says he's reading a lot and seems to comprehend all that he reads. He's still having some problems identifying some items on the cards that the therapist gives him to look at.

Please keep praying for him to get the tube out and also for strength for him to get up from a chair when he's seated at a table. He is very weak from being in bed for over two months and it's going to take some time and patience, but we all know he can do it with the Lord's help.

Thanks to everyone!

Love, Bill and Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment